BECOMING A FREELANCE

heyheypops@gmail.com
_________

+44 (0) 7532270859
London

DAY NINE

Since I was a little girl I´ve always enjoyed making stuff with my hands. I would spend hours making a scale model ship, or drawing or just making gadgets for my toys. I normally had my sister to share these activities with, specially when it came to making gadgets for our toys. 

Recently I´ve become more aware of the fact that I spend too much time before a computer, and that I miss making stuff with my bare hands. That´s the reason why a love going to the print studio so much, although my poor economy has kept me from attending to it. But I did a lot of thinking when I stopped getting work to do as an illustrator and maybe it was the time of expanding my possibilities by trying new things. So...I decided to take a short course on model making at The Central Saint Martins.

The course is called: Scale Model Making, and the teacher in charge of that course is David Neat, who wrote a very practical book on the subject called Model-Making: Materials and Methods. I already bought his book, I want to be ready for his course, and I´m extremely excited.

What really pushed me to make this decision was a website I came across a few months ago. On this site I found a massive collection of videos from people who make artisanal products. They inspired me so much that made me remember the time I used to spend on just making things, and it reminded me of how much I missed it. In fact, every time I feel down I turn to this site and play a few videos, they really cheer me up and make me think that I can also do it.

So I really urge you to check it out, cos it´s really encouraging!

>>http://thosewhomake.com/