BECOMING A FREELANCE

heyheypops@gmail.com
_________

+44 (0) 7532270859
London

DAY ONE

This is officially my first day as a real freelance illustrator and designer.
The first thing I had to do was get in touch with an accountant, cos of course I have no idea of how things work in the UK and it´s always safer to go with an accountant who can help you set up a business.

My former bosses and now friends, the guys at Shotopop Ltd, suggested me to gor for their own accountants, March Mutual. My accountant is a real star, she set up a business bank account and a personal bank account at HSBC. She also helped me to deal with the PAYE people and talked to them in my behalf, I trust them very much. Their wage is £75 a month and they take care of everything to do with your paperwork, also, they have a online programme to help you organise all of your expenses and invoices which works really well.

Now I´m working on my website, cos I need to update it with the work I have been doing whilst I was an intern in Shotopop, and take off all of the shit I´d done as a student. I need to replace all the fake projects, I mean the school exercises, with real projects for real clients. It´s been such a great experience interning for Shotopop, I´ve learnt so much, and they´ve helped me gain so much experience. I recommend doing a few internships before taking the chance of becoming a freelance, cos it gives you a much more mature perspective of everything, and you will learn how to deal with clients.

Anyway, I think I should start going for a run every morning, cos otherwise I will be gaining weight so easily!
Starting the running tomorrow, and working on the website today!

PLAN FOR TODAY

1/ Sketch for website
2/ Go to visit Sonia

I´m sure I can do both before the day is over!

For my first post I will recommend this blog where you can get lots of inspiration 
>> http://0porciento.com/